Saturday, February 27, 2010

I met you Radha. I met you on Friday. I saw you, I touched you, I smeared your face with that vermilion abir. you smiled; you smiled and did the same to me. We were standing beneath that the magnificent shadow provided by the overlapping of Radhachura and Krishnachura. Radha- who is one fourth brightness, two fourth Arabian perfume and one fourth Manobi- who can smile and break a riot, who wears sleeveless blouse, who has tiny bells attached to the brim of her ghaghra to create a mystic ambiance while she glides. You are that bartender who can create the most soothing drink for every man, you are the only color which stays forever. Floyd calls you green, I call you 'krishnokoli-doler dine dekhechhilem tare chhatim gachher chhayay..kalo meyer kalo horin chokh. Uff...Tagore always comes peeping when I'm romancing.
Why, why the hell are you so beautiful????? No more World Wars, no more tsunamis, no more earthquakes or volcanoes. I don't want to see those age old mortals fighting for your beauty. Nature look at her no more. Ask you mountains and rivers and forests to mellow down. I know her beauty is devastating but let that ruin fall over me. I will swallow my ruin to the fullest and lick the last drop of it with all my heart and soul. shundori tumi shudhui amar. Untie your hair and grant me the freedom to taste it. How many rivers you need to wash this enormous expanse of dark sea I don't know but i can bring you the Hooghly if you want. i and that Gulancho gachh were waiting for you, red was the soil, red was our soul....
If pre-Holi can be so dangerous....God spare me this intensely painful rapture....I don't want to die so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment