Saturday, December 12, 2009


THE THREE BLADES OF MY FAN

My life like a ceiling fan has got three blades which represent the three dreams of my life. These are such dreams that I’ve nurtured within me since I began dreaming and they perhaps will remain with me till my last breath. And all three of them are equally precious for me.
The first dream is to be a Big Bollywood hero. A hero who both fights the villains as well as romances with the heroine on the sun blazed sea beaches or the rain fed mountain slopes. A huge bungalow situated on Marine Lines with a fountain at a few feet distant from the portico. A hero for whom the entire nation goes crazy and girls will go Pa Ma Ga Re Sa for me.
My second dream is to catch a thief someday. I passionately wish that I get to catch a thief, tie him to a pole, throw the choicest expletives at his face and then release him. The adventure and romanticism associated with catching a thief is what appeals to me the most.
And my final dream is to see me as a dynamite that is used to explode the mountains. I wish that I had that intense power in me that can pose a serious challenge to the mighty mountains. Shayong Everest will shudder to think of me.
When a fan moves we cannot distinctly make out one blade from the other. So am I. I cannot realize my dreams in the daily hustle bustle of life but they envelope all my senses and fill me with extreme pleasure in my solitude just as the three blades can be easily identified when the fan is at rest

4 comments:

  1. nicely surreal! i like :D and i like the last mingling part a LOT...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good 1 Reeju!Catching a thief,really??That was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Srijata- ya thats absolutely true i would love to catch a thief

    ReplyDelete